8. CUP RULES
The Games shall be played under CGSL and OSA playing rules.
A. The first team shown on the schedule is the Home Team, and shall
· supply the game ball and
· must change shirts if there is a colour conflict.
· The teams home colour is as designated on the team application form.
B. All players must be registered at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to any cup game (maximum eighteen (18) players per team at any one time).
· No Call Up or guest players are allowed.
· Once a player has participated in a cup game with any team, she is cup-tied to that team for all subsequent cup games.
· Failure to comply, shall result in the winning team forfeiting the game to the opposing team.
· Failure to comply shall result in a $100.00 fine and possible disciplinary action by the Discipline Committee for violating published rules.
C. Coaches must provide Player Books and OSA Team Official Books at all cup games.
D. Game sheets must be filled out for every cup game and handed to the referee before the start of each game.
E. Each team is responsible for half of the officials’ game fees.
· These are to be paid before the start of the game and must be paid in cash, correct change.
· The CGSL pays all officials’ fees for the FINALS ONLY.
All teams shall be at the field at least thirty (30) minutes prior to scheduled kick-off.
· A grace period of ten (10) minutes shall be allowed, if the team cannot field the minimum number of seven (7) players at kick-off.
· Teams must check in with the field convenor at all semi-final and final games. Each team must present each player and team official with their OSA book in hand and all 3 copies of your game sheet to the field convenor 30 minutes prior to kick off.
F. Any team failing to appear for a Cup Game shall be subject to a club fine of $200.00 plus full officials’ fees.
G. All games are deemed complete if 25% or less remains unplayed when called by a game official due to weather/playing conditions or lack of light.
· In the event the game is tied at this time, the tie breaking rules portion of the game shall be rescheduled, not the whole game. (Lit fields should be supplied, where possible, to avoid this problem.)
· The teams shall be responsible for the officials’ fees, for any re-scheduled game, to be negotiated through CGSL.
· If the home team is unable to provide a field for the re-schedule within the requested time period, the visiting team may provide the field.
· If neither team can provide a field within the requested time frame, the CGSL shall arrange a neutral site and the teams will share the cost of the field use, if applicable.
H. Tie Breaker for all Cup Games;
a) each team to take five (5) shots from the penalty mark, by the players on the field at the end of the second regulation time, if still tied;
b) each team alternates shots from the penalty mark equally until the tie is broken.
I. Both coaches are responsible for entering the game score onto the CGSL website within twenty-four (24) hours of completion of the game. Failure to enter the game score onto the website shall result in a $25 fine to the team.
J. Discipline during the CGSL Cup Semi-Finals and Finals Tournament will be conducted within 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game in which a Red Card or Special Incident Report are reported. Discipline by Review (DBR) will be conducted as per OSA rules, however, more serious infractions will be conducted by Hearing and suspensions will be immediate.