The Central Girls Soccer League provides a platform for competitive, Regional level soccer for young ladies in the Central Region of Ontario. We are a member-driven organization that promotes the drive for excellence both on and off the field of play. As such, we would like to recognize those individuals who best exemplify the spirit of fair play, who possess the ability to balance both academic and athletic success, and who display leadership skills in the pursuit of excellence.
The award will be aptly named the Carolyn Jones Memorial Award in memory of a long standing member of our soccer community. A past member of the CGSL executive and an individual who possessed all of these qualities of fair play and the consistent pursuit of excellence.
The League will present two scholarship awards annually, each for an amount of $2000.00 (total amount not to exceed $4000.00), to players/candidates who qualify based on the following selection criteria;
- A student enrolled in Grade 12 (or equivalent) and graduating during the current season.
- A student who maintains a minimum average of 75% during both Grade 12 semesters.
- A candidate that has played in the Central Girls Soccer League for a minimum of 3 years.
- A candidate that has best exemplified the aforementioned qualities of fair play, academic and athletic excellence, and leadership skills both on and off the field.
- A candidate that has been accepted (or will be by the end of the current season) at a recognized Canadian College or University.
- A candidate that has done community service work with their respective Clubs/Districts or Leagues (reference letter required).
If the player/candidate fulfills these qualifications, their respective applications will be reviewed by an executive committee panel and 2 award recipients will be chosen. The awards will be presented at the conclusion of the U18 Cup Final each season. This award program will be reviewed annually and the CGSL executive reserves the right to make any necessary adjustments based on budgetary considerations. The deadline for submission is July 1st of each season.
Our proud past recipients:
2011 Emilia H - Richmond Hill SC
Callie C - Pickering SC
2010 Samantha G - Ajax SC
Heather M - NY Cosmos SC
2009 Kaitlin C - Whitby Iroquios SC
Stephanie H - Newmarket SC
2008 Stephanie M - East Gwillimbury SC
Ashley C - Oshawa Kicks SC
Juliana B - South Simcoe SC
2007 Amanda C - Woodbridge SC
Alyssa F - Glen Shields SC
2006 Shaelyn C - Unionville Milliken SC
Shannon Z - Richmond Hill SC
2005 Stephanie H - Unionville Milliken SC
Ceara W - Newmarket SC